Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nature of the Obliterator Virus

2 posters

Go down

The Nature of the Obliterator Virus Empty The Nature of the Obliterator Virus

Post by Moonreaper666 6/7/2016, 06:07

Well, don't really know much about the Obliterator Virus. So I hope this thread would enlighten me about this mystery

How does it spread?

Why hasn't it infected loyal Guardsmen and Space Marines? (You would think the Iron Warriors would use this against the Imperial Fists and the Black Templars or against enemy strongholds)

Can it infect non-humans?

Why does the Obliterator's arms shapeshift into different weapons? Are those weapons previously absorbed by the user or something he used before?

Are the teleportation abilities of the Obliterator because of the virus or just tech absorbed by the Chaos Astartes?

Any lore feats of Obliterators fighting Loyalists?

Would the Night Lords use the virus or does it count as consorting with Daemons?

Can the virus be used on machines and vehicles? Titans and their crew? Necron and Eldar machines?

Can an Obliterator be possessed by a Daemon?

Any lore on Sorcerer Obliterators? Dreadnought Obliterators?

Why don't the Iron Warriors use Obliterators as Siege Artillery, since they have unlimited ammunition (I think that is one of their virus powers) and can shapeshift into weapons?

Likewise, why don't the Iron Warriors Legion infect their human 'soldiers' with the virus? People with psyker abilities?

Also, why don't they weaponize it like the plague zombie virus or gas warfare during WW1?

Why aren't there Obliterator Lords leading Chaos warbands?

Moonreaper666
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

The Nature of the Obliterator Virus Empty Re: The Nature of the Obliterator Virus

Post by Ristiald 6/7/2016, 14:01

Moonreaper666 wrote:How does it spread?
By touch or bodily fluids. I would guess also by deliberate infection.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Why hasn't it infected loyal Guardsmen and Space Marines? (You would think the Iron Warriors would use this against the Imperial Fists and the Black Templars or against enemy strongholds)
They usually don't survive meeting an Obliterator, don't touch it, or don't survive the disease.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Can it infect non-humans?
Unknown, unlikely, never encountered.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Why does the Obliterator's arms shapeshift into different weapons? Are those weapons previously absorbed by the user or something he used before?
Yes, those weapons must be absorbed before an Obliterator can utilise them.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Are the teleportation abilities of the Obliterator because of the virus or just tech absorbed by the Chaos Astartes?
Unknown, but between daemon they have inside and the technology they can absorb, it's mostly irrelevant.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Any lore feats of Obliterators fighting Loyalists?
Not that I know of, but it's worth exploring.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Would the Night Lords use the virus or does it count as consorting with Daemons?
Obliterators are counted as Daemon possessed. Although it's hard to say what lenghts Night Lords would go to for victory.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Can the virus be used on machines and vehicles? Titans and their crew? Necron and Eldar machines?
No. It requires flesh to infect and multiply first. No lore of it first infecting a machine exist.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Can an Obliterator be possessed by a Daemon?
It already is possessed by Daemon, so no. Although multiple Daemons working for the same goal seem unlikely, it's within possibilities.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Any lore on Sorcerer Obliterators? Dreadnought Obliterators?
No. Not that they aren't as tough as Dreadnoughts anyway, but I guess Dreadnoughts have too little flesh remaining and are too well sealed to get infected.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Why don't the Iron Warriors use Obliterators as Siege Artillery, since they have unlimited ammunition (I think that is one of their virus powers) and can shapeshift into weapons?
Because Obliterators can't produce explosives.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Likewise, why don't the Iron Warriors Legion infect their human 'soldiers' with the virus? People with psyker abilities?
Because they rather infect their marines with modified Obliterator Virus instead. It makes for better soldiers than infecting cannon fodders. No psykers though, since Obliterators are inherently batshit crazy.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Also, why don't they weaponize it like the plague zombie virus or gas warfare during WW1?
It already is weaponised as is. It just takes a lot to produce a fully fledged Obliterator.

Moonreaper666 wrote:Why aren't there Obliterator Lords leading Chaos warbands?
Because they don't need warbands. They congregate in Obliterator Cults and a handfull is more than enough to scour a planet. Thus no need for "lesser" soldiers to share the spoils and attract unwanted attention.

Hope this helped, here's some reading for you to expand on it.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Obliterator
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Obliterator_Virus
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Obliterator
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Obliterators
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum