Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaac Maddison's Tale (First Draft)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Isaac Maddison's Tale (First Draft) - Page 2 Empty Re: Isaac Maddison's Tale (First Draft)

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 23:32

I have noticed it's more or less about one Forge World per subsector. Given that Imperium is economically and technologically sound (as far as it is), it's obvious that a Forge World per a subsector is enough output for that subsector, the tithes, and still making positive income. If you just don't go crazy with tax, it's not anything anyone can proove against you. Wink
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Isaac Maddison's Tale (First Draft) - Page 2 Empty Re: Isaac Maddison's Tale (First Draft)

Post by Farseer Amathar 13/7/2016, 23:39

The odd thing was, I was going to leave Mirador mostly untouched/ unmentioned by the story until later. Oh well, better to nail this stuff down, jot down some notes and use it when it is appropriate.

But the loss of each Forge World is always portrayed as a huge deal... but never really dealt with or reconciled. I've assumed about two or three per sector, with more in more heavily-populated sectors. This Solar System is set in the fringes of Imperial Space (though fairly far from all the major happenings of the Empire). I could easily be wrong.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 23:43

No need to be nailing it just now, just keep it in your notes for when it comes up in the story.

Well, you're right, considering I said about one per SUBsector, so it's a handfull per sector. Every sector we now have given by GW consist of a handfull of subsectors, so you'r estimation is correct. Razz
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 13/7/2016, 23:49

Well my initial idea of placing a Forge World here was, in part to make this solar system more economically prosperous, but also unique in that there aren't a lot of Forge Worlds out here, being that it is on the edge of Imperial Space. Giving it some more thought makes me realize that Hampton 2 is probably going to be dedicated to having a ton of docking and shipping. Might even make it an Oligarchy run by rich trading families and firms.

Also... I'm really going to have to look up the sizes of sectors and subsectors again... Maybe I was just up too late last night and just need a nap, for the information to return to me.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 13/7/2016, 23:52

That seems like a good idea.

Both of them seem like a good ideas. Very Happy
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum