Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucan Tyrius

3 posters

Go down

Lucan Tyrius Empty Lucan Tyrius

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 01:41

(Recommend listening to the vid at the bottom while reading) Or not? Shit it's a link... whatever Cool

Name: Lucan Tyrius
Race: Human Psyker, Perpetual
Profession: Priest (plague doctor), Rouge Trader.

Psyker Level: Gamma (based on jury rigged psyker scales)

Abilities: Mastery of Biomancy and Telekinesis, reasonable levels of Future sight and Pyromancy.

Bio: Born a natural Perpetual in 1368 Italy, during the Black death, he became a Plague Doctor, and had an eerie ability to actually cure his patients. After an investigation by the church it was confirmed that he was "In league with the powers of Hell" and condemned as a witch. He escaped after supposedly shooting a bolt of lightning at his would-be captors. He was hunted all across Europe by the church, who followed the trail of miraculously cured people. He was never caught.

He laid low until the Unification wars, encountered by the Emperor healing the injured in a camp of his forces. He was eventually made a Rouge Trader by the Emperor himself as reward for his (currently unknown) contributions to the Unification of Terra.

He was outraged by the decision at the Council of Nikia and was almost tempted to join the rebel forces in the Horus Heresy, but refused when he sensed the chaos taint within their messengers. He fled to the farthest corners of the galaxy, feeling betrayed by the Emperor and disgusted by the rebel chaos forces. He eventually came across a group of several dozen human worlds locked in constant conflict, with access to Dark Age tech. He eventually gain control of the strongest group and beat the others into submission. He used this as the building blocks of a new empire, one that would be just and fair, and unswayed by chaos. So the Renatian Empire was formed. It grew with him working in the shadows, unseen, and he formed an elite order of Psychic Acolytes called the Void Watch, who commanded respect from all and answered to none but him. The Imperial Council and the Reigning Emperor may be the "rulers" of Renatia, but Lucan is the true master.

He travels in the Imperium, disguised as a descendent of himself, both spying and undermining the Imperium, but having even greater hatred for the Chaos forces, who he believed are responsible for all of the Imperium's flaws in one way or another.

https://youtu.be/kVpPlWlHMrA
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name: Lucarus Tenecius
Class: Technoarcheologist/Heretek
Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus

Back to top Go down

Lucan Tyrius Empty Re: Lucan Tyrius

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 03:17

Interesting...  Nothing sticks out as particularly bad.  So, do you know John Grammaticus?  (I think that was his name, the potential perpetual from the Horus Heresy Novel: Cabal.)
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 03:29

Particularly bad? Does that mean some of it is slightly bad? Razz

It wouldn't be a stretch to say they would know each other.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 03:39

I'll be honest (and this is deep irony coming from me) I'm always a little bit hesitant when I see special snowflake characters.  This means I was hesitant when I first heard about Caiphas Cain too, and I love that character (from the first three books, the only ones I've read so far).  I'm worried about Lucan (the character, I realize I've been lazy and have just been calling you that anyway) falling into Mary Sue/ Gary Stu territory (apparently that's the modern name for male Mary Sues.... which is news to me), but at the same time I believe Caiphas Cain is a Gary Stu, but executed well-enough you either hardly notice or hardly care (or in my case love him all the more for pulling off something so difficult).  As of right now, I have nothing but high hopes for Lucan (the character), as you've given me no indication you can't pull it off.  Though I will warn you if I feel you are slipping.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 03:46

Fair enough...
I suppose this would a bad time to mention that his personality is wholly patterned off of me? Everything he would say and do is what I would do in that exact situation (if I was an immortal witch doctor Very Happy ).

I'll always give this character my all, just hope I don't disappoint.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 03:52

It's all I can ask.  Well that, and one more thing.  Don't worry, I won't judge you harshly in part; because before too long, I'm going to begin re-working on a story about a character that literally got his start as a self-insert bed-time story I would think up, in order to help myself get to sleep.  (I lost admittedly not much work and all of my digital notes when my computer crashed recently, so I'm being lazy and not writing it right now, but taking down notes as they come back to me)  So when I say it's a deep irony to criticize you, it's because I'm pretty much working on the same thing.  So the other thing I want to ask is, when you feel I'm doing something wrong, speak up about it.  And we'll help each-other stay on track.  After all, that's why you submit stories to forums right, for feedback?

Last edited by Farseer Amathar on 17/6/2016, 03:54; edited 1 time in total
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 03:53

True Very Happy
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 11:35

Nice story. Although him laying low for pretty much 28 millenia in som far corner of the earth, twiddling his thumbs seems like a pretty big span of time to be doing nothing. How about you travel a bit at this time?
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 12:39

Pretty much he masqueraded as various people (all non-famous and unremarkable) like a doctor in a large city, or a professor of history at a small college. He rarely involved himself with wider events, seeing them as transitory and not worth his time.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 13:14

28 millenia of being unremembered must have been tough. :Smile
Also, you found a planet where they were using old tech, and never contacted the Empire to better the lives of the galaxy, instead of just one solar system? That's damn egoistic. Very Happy Zorn would be proud of you. Razz
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 13:26

No, at this point he was done with the empire. He no longer thought they were the answer. So he sought his own answer. (Several dozen worlds, by the way)

He preferred to be unnoticed.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 15:17

Well, it's your history, your choice, but IMO during this time you could have had something like STC memory core stashed somewhere... Rolling Eyes
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 17/6/2016, 19:38

I don't see much of a problem with 'what was he doing.' I mean, what was Big E doing between fighting Dragon and starting the Unification Wars? I always imagine a sports jersey, a beer gut and an open can of beer were involved. Basically I see the Emperor as a bro. Hold on... Angron! Go to your room! I won't help you rescue your friends!
... that won't backfire later, will it? If Big E had just deep struck some extra Custodes or met with and forced the surrender of the nobility, thus ensuring the gladiators (though brutal child-murderers) could be inducted into the War Hounds, they'd probably have unwavering loyalty to both Angron and the Emperor who saved them...
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 17/6/2016, 23:41

Ristiald wrote:but IMO during this time you could have had something like STC memory core stashed somewhere...

Now, that's some wild speculation...

I won't confirm nor deny that he has access to any ancient STC tech.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristiald 17/6/2016, 23:47

With the history you have, it's obvious enough you either don't have any, it's broken beyond repair or beyond your power to extract. Razz
I mean, if you had the actual STC memory core, with all the knowledge inside you would lead the Imperium proper to second golden age. Very Happy
Ristiald
Ristiald
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 18/6/2016, 00:08

Ha, technology doesn't make the nation, it's the leadership. the beliefs... someone could hand the Imperium godhood on a platter and they'll turn it down because they'll think it's evil. and if they do accept, what then? Mass genocide and oppression? No... tech isn't the Imperium's issue. Take ten eons of social, political, and religious decay stacked with intolerance and hatred, mix in with enough war to make Ares quit his day job and start a yoga studio, and poof: You have the Imperium.

They're like children, playing with fire. I sure as hell wouldn't give them a blow torch and say "Have fun"
There is no fixing the Imperium, if the Emperor came back he'd have to blank slate it to get anywhere.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content