Lore Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Space Wolves only recruit from Fenris and can't have Successor Chapters?

3 posters

Go down

Why Space Wolves only recruit from Fenris and can't have Successor Chapters? Empty Why Space Wolves only recruit from Fenris and can't have Successor Chapters?

Post by Moonreaper666 16/6/2016, 01:24

The Space Wolves are one of only three First Founding Chapters whom only recruit from their homeworld

However, only the Space Wolves have no Successor Chapters. Why is that?

Is it because of the Wulfen mutation? The fact that the natives of Fenris have undergone genetic modification?

Moonreaper666
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

Why Space Wolves only recruit from Fenris and can't have Successor Chapters? Empty Re: Why Space Wolves only recruit from Fenris and can't have Successor Chapters?

Post by Farseer Amathar 16/6/2016, 04:54

First thing must be first: I don't think I've welcomed you to the forum yet, so it is good to meet you and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Okay, onto the questions at hand.  The Space Wolves had their own successor chapter (The Wolf Brothers, but their may be others), however they were eventually disbanded by the Inquisition due to their instability and high-numbers of wulfen.  It's assumed that because of the failure of the Wolf Brothers, that the Imperium learned Russ' geneseed was essentially too unstable to create additional chapters to be placed around the Imperium.  However, Lexicaunum states that the Chaos Space Marine Warband known as Skyrar's Dark Wolves are rumored to be renegade or traitor Space Wolves.  While that is just a rumor, there is a conformation that the Khornate ex-Wolf Lord Svane Vulfbad has turned traitor though it is only rumored that he is Skyrar's Dark Wolves' champion.

I hope that answers your questions, if there are any more questions, feel free to ask.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Why Space Wolves only recruit from Fenris and can't have Successor Chapters? Empty Re: Why Space Wolves only recruit from Fenris and can't have Successor Chapters?

Post by Moonreaper666 16/6/2016, 05:05

Is it safe to assume that the Wolf Brothers had their own planet or did not recruit from Fenris? That the people being recruited into the Wolf Brothers aren't compatible with Russ' geneseed?

Aren't Skyrar's Dark Wolves just Space Wolves that defected to Chaos and form their own warband? (I know a few examples of that in lore)

Moonreaper666
Technographer
Technographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 16/6/2016, 06:55

Lexianum's Article on Wolf Brothers states that their homeworld was Kaeriol. I'd like to note that not all of them became Wulfen, they just had an unusually high rate of Wulfen that made the Inquisition disband them. It is possible that some of the Skyrar's Dark Wolves are Wolf Brothers as well, but who really knows? They might not even be renegade Space Wolves at all. Such are the lies of Chaos.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Farseer Amathar 16/6/2016, 08:07

After giving it some further thought, I think it is relevant to mention that Imperial Records are vast, spread throughout the Imperium and not always well archived.  It is possible that there are successor chapters to the Space Wolves, despite the wider belief that it is impossible.  You may write about or play a successor chapter to the Space Wolves if you want to, simply relying on the 'oh, the records over-look their existence,' or 'incorrectly state their primarch' or something similar, all while still getting regular resupplies and recruits.
Farseer Amathar
Farseer Amathar
Skitarii
Skitarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucarus 16/6/2016, 10:03

that is honestly a sound excuse, seeing how the Imperium's archiving looks like it was done by a dyslexic peanut that was granted sentience by a callous god.

Oh, no wait... that's just black library.
Lucarus
Lucarus
Technographer
Technographer

Character sheet
Name: Lucarus Tenecius
Class: Technoarcheologist/Heretek
Affiliation: Adeptus Mechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down